martes, 9 de julio de 2013

Ode to myself

My name is Clara, I'm 24 years old, I am a woman, I'm an actress and I am a feminist. I'm full of insecurities. I like to dance alone in my room with the music blaring. It is not uncommon to hear me sing in the street,I sing all the time, whether I'm happy or sad. When I was a child I wanted to be a dancer and a hippie. I find female voices and bodies more beautiful than their male counterparts. 
I love swimming in the sea. I can spend whole days crying and laughing about the silliest things.
When I meet someone for the first time, the first thing I notice is their speech and gestures and always wonder how would their handwriting look like.
Music, nature and love are the driving forces in my world .
I love the smell of wood and flowers. I like ships and islands.
A couple of years ago I had a surgery. I have never been more scared in my life, and I don´t think my body will ever be the same again.
I can listen to the same song obsessively to the point I hate it, and fragrances make me emotional. I have fear and distrust of men.
I lived separated from my father for several years and I rarely saw my parents kissing or holding hands. I have a brother who I love and hate in equal measures. If I think of happiness, I imagine a cabin surrounded by trees where I am living with the one I love and singing by his side. I hate thinking about money and I'm terrible at maths. I´m a slow runner and I always feel cold even when it is summer.
I'm still coming to terms with my body and the fact I won´t be tall.
I believe in magic and astrology and read my horoscope every day. A woman read my palm once and she said that I will meet the love of my life within a year. I still have a month to go..
People think I´m weak but I have a lot more strength than they think.
I like being alone and one of my hands is bigger than the other. I love sweets but the taste of meat makes me want to vomit. I always say I like to cooking but it is a lie.
When I was a kid my friend Nerea told me there are secret passages behind her mirror and I believed her. I also occasionally believe in God.
I have fear of flying and I always fall asleep in cars.
I love the 60's. I love pizza, wine, watching movies, taking a shower, giving hugs and tickling. I hate apologizing and can´t sleep with the bedroom door open. I dream of having a band and I would love to have a house in the mountains. I attract people who appear distant at first.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario